Friday, May 2, 2014

Mr. Man's Big Boy Room [ideas]

Our youngest needs to move out of the nursery.  And soon!  Although, in reality... Baby #3 would never know it spent the first several weeks without having an official room.  So, while I'm anxious to get his room started (& finished), I know everything will fall into place eventually.

Since my husband is a very visual person, I'm hoping that by putting all of my ideas in one spot, it will help him see what I'm envisioning for his big boy room!

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Truthfully, this kinda looks like a hodgepodge mess... But it looks so beautiful in my head.  I'd like for there to be planes, trains, and cars "tastefully" incorporated without being run over by them as soon as you enter the room.

I'm also really loving the industrial shelving & beds!  My husband and I really enjoy building things but have never ventured into the world of furniture made out of pipes!

The last thing I'll mention here is the dresser (#3 above).  It's actually sold as a piece for your kitchen from Ikea.  Surprisingly, it is so much more sturdy than any dressers they sell and the drawers are nice and roomy!  I really like the natural color of the wood, but it would be so easy to stain it darker or even paint it a bold color!  Unfortunately, my mom and I were just there and I chickened out... I've been kicking myself ever since.  Looks like another Ikea trip may just have to happen!

To see more of what tickles my fancy, check out this entire Pinterest Board I made for his room ideas.

Enjoy your weekend, friends!

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a question and your profile is attached to your email address, I'll send you an email! If not, check back here and I'll leave your response under your comment. Don't have a question? I'd love for you to say "hello", anyway! :)