Monday, August 5, 2013

Shark Week is Here! [Ideas]

I'm going to be honest, here... Until I met my husband, I'm not sure if I knew that there was an entire week dedicated to sharks.  I also never would have imagined it was an eagerly anticipated week out of the summer (better than family vacation).  Well, this will be our 7th year of watching shark week together.  That's a big deal, right?  What's the traditional "shark week anniversary" gift?  .....It's probably shark teeth.

If you're reading this and you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, you need to check out Discovery Channel this week.  I'd highly recommend setting up your DVR right now while you're thinking about it.  You can find the 2013 show line-up here.  Be sure to check out the link because my all time favorite shark week commercial is at the top of the page.  Once you watch the video, Snuffy will make a lot more sense to you!


So, in honor of shark week, I have dug up some of my all time favorite shark related crafts, food, and even an adult beverage game!
First up, you can purchase your very own shark week t-shirt (and many other items) from the Discovery Channel store online.
source

While you're sitting there watching the great whites fly out of the water, be sure to keep your tootsies warm with this handmade socks.  Wearing these will tell you who your real friends are.

source
Any kid (or kid at heart) would love to be chomping around with these jaws made from a paper plate.  You could even toss gold fish crackers through them to make a fun game.
source
These cupcakes don't get any cuter than this!  If you're making cupcakes, you might as well have a party!  Introduce a friend to shark week.  They will thank you, I promise.

source
And if you really want to impress your new friend, carve out one of these guys:

source
Now, here's my favorite Shark Week find.  Drinker beware!  This game is definitely set up for failure.  (Or success, depending on your goals).


Well, that's all for now!  Live Every Week Like It's Shark Week!  Are you celebrating this week in any special ways?  Have you found any other fun ways to really celebrate sharks?

Janice








No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a question and your profile is attached to your email address, I'll send you an email! If not, check back here and I'll leave your response under your comment. Don't have a question? I'd love for you to say "hello", anyway! :)