Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Master Bedroom Gallery Wall

Today I'm sharing with you our little gallery wall in our bedroom.  


Gallery wall displays are so great because as time goes on, you can keep adding and subtracting to them.  They never have to be finished or stagnant. 


Here's a close up!  The wooden boards are from Hobby Lobby.  They were fairly inexpensive but are the perfect size for a 5x8" photo.  I simply painted them with acrylic paint and printed out our wedding pictures onto white card stock.  Then I mod podged everything onto the board including a thin layer right over the photo.  You have to be careful to just do a one thin layer over the photo otherwise the moisture will make the ink smear on the photo.


The two long center boards have our wedding vows painted on one as well as "our song" lyrics on the other.  I made a stencil with my Silhouette Machine.

Finally, the dark wooden board is a piece of shelf left over from when I installed shelving into our master bedroom closet.  I purchased house numbers from Lowes and spray painted them some fun colors.  Instead of nailing them into place with the included nails, I had to glue them to the board.  The laminate on the board was just too tough to nail through.


So there you have it!  A super simple display of very meaningful (to us) artwork.

If you're wondering... Yes! We built our own bed frame!  You can find Ana White's plans for it here.

I hope you're having a wonderful week so far!

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a question and your profile is attached to your email address, I'll send you an email! If not, check back here and I'll leave your response under your comment. Don't have a question? I'd love for you to say "hello", anyway! :)