Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Our Cleaning Lists

I've been using a cleaning list as a guideline for a couple of years now.  My first started out in a 1/2 inch binder and I would print out new sheets every week.  Well, I got tired of dragging out a binder and printing out lists.. Or just ignoring the cleaning when I didn't feel like printing things out that week.  True story.  I'm pretty terrible at getting my to-do list done unless I have a checklist goal right in front of me.  Even truer story, I still like to ignore certain things on my checklists that I just really don't want to do.  I know I'm not the only one.

Well, in order to avoid making more work for myself each week, I made myself a cleaning list that's reusable and readily accessible (to all family members).  Maybe they'll help out?




 I printed out my lists then put them into inexpensive frames I picked up at Target.  Since they are behind glass, I'm now able to use a dry erase marker to check things off my list.


I used command strips to attach the frames to the side of our fridge.  Never again can I claim out of sight out of mind.  Instead, it's pretty obvious what I hate cleaning and what doesn't get touched week after week.  I claim that those must be Bryan's jobs.


I made a printable available for you if you'd like to try out this system, too.  I made a few extra blank spots.  We have two dogs so all of those spots on our lists are things like picking up dog poo in the yard, washing dog beds, being sure we give heart worm medicine as well as flea & tick, etc. 

You can find the documents here and here.

Hope this helps anyone who wanted to organize their cleaning throughout their home.  Do you get a ton of satisfaction from checking things off a list?  I'm certainly guilty of adding things to check lists that are already done but deserve to get checked off, anyway.  Shower, get dressed, walk down stairs, drink coffee.... check, check, check, check.

-Janice

2 comments:

  1. Guess I should have made you a check off list for when you leaved at home. Now I wish I had taken photos of your room....lol Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more! Little E wanted her big girl bed made before she went to sleep last night. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll last into her teens.

      Delete

If you have a question and your profile is attached to your email address, I'll send you an email! If not, check back here and I'll leave your response under your comment. Don't have a question? I'd love for you to say "hello", anyway! :)