Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Bunny Banner

So remember when I told you about my mom?  Well, I was at her house and she had the cutest bunny banner.  Being the sweet lady that she is, she already had a few extra bunnies cut out that she gave to me.  She used adhesive backed scrapbooking paper. I didn't even know this existed!


Apparently you can find such a thing at Jo Ann Fabrics.  She used her Silhouette machine to cut out the bunnies then placed them on some dark burlap.  From there, I was able to cut the burlap to size and punch some holes in their ears.




In order to thread the twine through their tiny ear piercings, I wrapped a piece of tape around the end to give myself a "shoe lace" tip.


Since there were only 4 bunnies available (and everything looks better in odd numbers) I used some scrap burlap to put a plain-jane bunny in the middle.



Hot glued some little flowers onto their butts...


And here's the "almost" finished project.  I eventually added a little green bow to the plain burlap bunny.  And I gave the mantle a makeover.


I'll be back later with the newly decorated Spring mantle!  Have you been adding more and more touches of Spring to your home lately?  It's hard not to when it's so close I can feel it!

-Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a question and your profile is attached to your email address, I'll send you an email! If not, check back here and I'll leave your response under your comment. Don't have a question? I'd love for you to say "hello", anyway! :)