Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bathroom Renovation: The Final Reveal

I've dragged-on this renovation series long enough.  The day for the final reveal is finally here.  This bathroom is so much more functional for us now.  We can't tell you how much more enjoyable it is to have a place to go every morning that doesn't feel like a drab cave.

Here are some before & afters to give you a better idea of how huge of a change this bathroom renovation ended up becoming.


Before: Fiber glass shower stall... After: Tile & Glass, natural light


Exiting the bathroom.  Into master bedroom, linen closet on the right.





Here's a good view of the shower floor.  You can also see how glass was fit down into the slab of granite so that there would be no tracks.  


Tub & Shower


Tile Details


Updated vanity & lights.  We also added a frame around the mirror to finish off the look.


Bryan has always wanted a faucet like this.  I also wanted to keep with a single unit faucet (instead of having separate handles for hot/cold) just to keep everything very simple.  Plus, that's less holes that need to be made in the granite.



Finally, one last picture of the whole shebang! We couldn't be happier with all of the hard work we put into this project.  Not to mention the amount of money we saved by doing all of the work ourselves.


I hope you enjoyed seeing the progression of the bathroom renovation.  It was fun for me looking back in time a little bit.  The entire project, from demolition to final details, took about 3.5 months.  I still have art & maybe some shelves I'd like to make.  When I get to that point, I'll be sure to keep you updated.

If you have any questions, let me know! I'd be happy to try to answer any questions you may have for your project!

-Janice




10 comments:

  1. Wow! Your new bathroom looks incredible! I love everything about your new bathroom, even the drawer handles look divine! By the way, the both of you did everything in this bathroom? OMG! That's crazy! Your new bathroom looks professionally done! Congratulations!

    Jovan Bannister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by and giving us a pat on the back for our bathroom project. It made our day!! That space brings us so much joy now that it is done. We had the granite counter top and the glass for the shower done for us. (We thought it was so worth it). The rest we managed to do ourselves!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Janice! I know this a bit late, but congratulations! I've been following your renovation journey, and I'm happy that it's finally over now. Renovation is full of hard work, but having amazing results like this makes it worth it. Enjoy!

    Matilda Lemons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! There's something to be said for the satisfaction that a completed project brings!

      Delete
  3. Wow! You guys did it all yourselves? Whew! That's awesome. It looks great. I think those kind of faucets are so cool, too!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the compliments and for stopping by! (I've been a long time reader of yours so you basically just made my day!) ;)

      Delete
  4. With what I'm seeing, the greatest feat of this renovation is the transformation of the shower area. It looks so posh and modern with the glass shower door! Although, overtime, this feature can either be an asset or a liability to the room. Keep it constantly clean, so it wouldn't end up looking cloudy in the end. Contractor Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thank you for the tip (and reminder to go clean that glass again!) The glass is made by Agalite and they recommend to use ONLY Lysol Basin, Tub and Tile Cleaner. I was very happy with the results of the cleaner although I was only able to find it on the internet for purchase. They also say to squeegee the glass after every shower which we are very good about keeping up with. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that with a little maintenance the shower (and master bathroom, in general) will end up being a selling feature instead of a drawback. Thanks again for stopping by!

      Delete

If you have a question and your profile is attached to your email address, I'll send you an email! If not, check back here and I'll leave your response under your comment. Don't have a question? I'd love for you to say "hello", anyway! :)